Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Anyone here have those Kaiser white doll stands?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member wrxgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    876
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    With the plastic coating to protect the dolls? Do they stand well on them, or tip over? Im thinking about buying some but just want opinions from people that may have them! Thanks

  2. #2
    Inactive Member jrtmom3274's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 13th, 2004
    Posts
    800
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have them for 10" Ann Estelle. They're just as good any other doll stand. Nothing outstanding about them, but nothing bad about them either.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member stebbarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2005
    Posts
    261
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Both my DD and I have several that we use with our AG dolls. They work fine and are quite reasonable price wise. I just got my first official AG stand when I bought Marisol earlier this year. The base on the AG stand is definately bigger but the base on the Kaiser stand is big enough to have the dolls stand up fine. I've never had a doll tip over in them and the white coating works great to prevent any damage to the dolls. - Meg B.

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Where can I get them.If I ever get a 1986 White Body Sam,I would love to put in on a stand!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member caroloto's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2004
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I use these stand and I buy them from the local doll shop at a great price, but the base on the stand I buy are much - much larger then those in the auction, the doll shops sell that base size for 10" to 12" to 14" dolls for something like $1.00 (the ones in the auction).

    I buy the larger ones for the AG' and those stand are for doll 18" to 26" for $1.75

    I have seen these stand at craft stores too. Also very reasonable.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ November 11, 2005 01:56 AM: Message edited by: caroloto ]</font>

  6. #6
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's hard to tell from the picture, because I have a couple of the cheapy white ones, but I'm really not sure which ones these are most like.

    I bought some (4, I got all they had!) absolutely wonderful ones last night at JoAnns, they look better than these, the base is larger and slightly raised, giving the dolls a bit of a platform. They were, I think, $2.99 each. Which would add up to about the same. I'd check there first, if I were you.

    Other than these really great ones I bought last night, I have some other cheapo white ones that I've bought at Ben Franklin Crafts. I think these ones might be like some of those. They work great, of course, not a single one of my dolls have tipped over, and they back sort of blends into the wall, so it almost looks like they're all standing on their own! As you can see in the picture on the auction, the base *IS* a bit smaller, and they're feet don't entirely fit. This doesn't bother me because my dolls are up high, well above eye level, and no one will even see the bases.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member wrxgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    876
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think this auction is ok to post, since the person is selling a TON of stands. ( If not, let me know and I can delete it!"

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

    I just bought some myself! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Now Ill have to wait and see how they work!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member christhedolllady's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2004
    Posts
    85
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have some of the white ones that I purchased from a doll shop that have large bases. These work well. I also purchased some doll stands with smaller bases and so far they are working fine.

    I like to use the larger base as a pattern and cut out a felt circle to cover the base (plus a nitch for the post). I'll coordinate the felt with what my doll will be wearing. It's a nice touch. For the smaller bases, I just use large base as a pattern and cover them.

    To keep the bases from scratching my furniture, I bought some sticky felt (it is thinner than the felt used for the "base covers") and stuck that on the bottom of the stands.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member wrxgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    876
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just wanted to update you all on these white stands I received in the mail today.. they are PERFECT size for the AG dolls... their feet fit nicely on the stand and they stand up straight, etc... there is a nice plastic coating around the metal parts to prevent damage to the dolls, etc...
    I am very satisfied with them! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •